Apostille and Legalization of documents issued in Ukraine to make them valid for authorities of foreign states.
EXPRESS Translations will help you to affix apostille on your documents, issued in Lviv or anywhere in Ukraine.
is a special seal/stamp which is affixed on the official document issued in a country, confirming its authenticity. It is usually affixed by the Ministry of Justice/Foreign Affairs/Education. A document having an apostille attached takes full legal effect in a country that has signed The Hague Convention of 5 October 1961.
These are the samples of a Ukrainian-issued apostille:
Apostille is affixed by the following authorities in Ukraine :
• The Ministry of Justice
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Ministry of Education of Ukraine
Apostille can only be affixed on documents issued by the state authorities but never by private companies or individuals.
The following documents are usually valid for apostille procedure:
- diplomas, educational transcripts, report cards, certificates
- police certificates/ clean records, residence confirmations, health certificates(only of one specific kind)
- documents issued by Civil Registry Office/Vital Records (marriage certificates, birth certificates, divorce certificate, etc.)
- documents are drawn up and certified by a notary (declarations, statements, powers of attorney, affidavits, etc.)
- other legal documents (incorporation certificates, powers of attorney, articles of association (previously certified by a respective authority/ministry)
Standard documents (birth certificate, certificate of criminal record, etc.):
Apostille (1-2 business days) – UAH 290
Apostille for educational documents:
10 business days – UAH 650
3 business days (not including shipping to Kyiv and back) – UAH 800
20 business days (for diplomas issued before 2004) – UAH 800
In accordance with the Minsk Convention of January 22, 1993, as amended on March 28, 1997 Apostille or legalization for Ukrainian documents is not required for the following countries: Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Georgia.